Just posting again on this…
This can help you if you have lost someone (or many) to covid in the United States. Some relief for you.
All information is correct and valid. Just want to make sure people have the info – feel free to share if you know someone who needs this. ✌️
1. If you lost a loved one due to COVID-19 and paid for that loved one’s funeral, interment or cremation after January 20, 2020, FEMA has stepped up to provide reimbursement for those expenses. Learn more and see if you qualify for up to $9,000 in benefits: https://www.dignitymemorial.com/fema-funeral-assistance
2. You may qualify for up to $9,000 for funeral costs related to a single loved one and up to $35,500 for funeral costs related to multiple COVID-19 deaths. See if you qualify for reimbursement of funeral, interment and cremation expenses: https://www.dignitymemorial.com/fema-funeral-assistance
3. FEMA will begin accepting applications for COVID-19 funeral assistance on Monday, April 12, 2021, through a dedicated call center. Do you qualify for FEMA funeral assistance? Answer a few questions to learn more. https://www.dignitymemorial.com/fema-funeral-assistance
4. Here’s what you need to know about eligibility and applying for reimbursement under the FEMA funeral assistance program. https://www.dignitymemorial.com/fema-funeral-assistance
5. To apply for FEMA Funeral Assistance, you must submit all of the following documents: 1) an official death certificate, 2) proof of funeral expenses, 3) proof of funds received from other sources. Get the details:https://www.dignitymemorial.com/fema-funeral-assistance
6. FEMA Funeral Assistance is intended to help with expenses for funeral services, cremation services and burial. Covered expenses include transportation, a casket or urn, a burial plot or cremation niche, a marker or headstone, clergy or officiant services, funeral director services, funeral staff services, use of the funeral home, cremation or interment costs and more. Get the details: https://www.dignitymemorial.com/fema-funeral-assistance
7. To apply for FEMA Funeral Assistance, you must have an official death certificate indicating your loved one’s death “may have been caused by” COVID-19 or “COVID-19-like symptoms.” Your funeral director cannot amend a death certificate on behalf of your family. Whoever issued the original must do it (doctor, medical examiner, coroner, etc.).https://www.dignitymemorial.com/fema-funeral-assistance
8. How do I apply for FEMA COVID Funeral Assistance?
FEMA will begin taking applications on Monday, April 12, via a toll-free number.
Call 844-684-6333 (or 800-462-7585 for TTY) from Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Central Time. Learn more: https://www.dignitymemorial.com/fema-funeral-assistance
9. Did you pay funeral costs after losing someone due to COVID-19? FEMA may be able to help with funeral assistance. Learn more:https://www.dignitymemorial.com/fema-funeral-assistance